The sixteenth edition of the Indian Premier League has officially begun, and with it, fantasy cricket has also started. IPL, the most famous cricketing event, which has changed the format of cricket for fans around the world has made T20 cricket one of the most loved formats. It allows people to have a first-hand experience of owning teams for the thrilling matches in the series. The virtual game that creates interest among gamers online allows to make their own team and enjoy the process of IPL.
The makers of the fantasy cricket app have taken extra efforts to make sure the users get a realistic experience of the game. There are a set of rules and regulations that play a key role in mastering the game and emerging as the leader on the points table. The rise of the biggest fantasy league in the world – the T20 IPL league – has shown that there are a lot of opportunities for Indian fans to enjoy the game of cricket online, where your favourite players are engrossed in the on-field battles.
Table of Contents
Here is a guide on how to play IPL fantasy league 2023:
1. Rules and regulations for Squad selection
The IPL has a cap on the number of overseas players that can be a part of the team. The same rule is applicable in the IPL fantasy league as well. As per new rules and regulations, the maximum number of overseas players in a team is now increased from 6 to 7. And, the minimum number of players from each team in your fantasy team has been reduced from 4 to 3.
Each squad needs to have
- At least 3 batsmen with a maximum of 6.
- At least 1 wicketkeeper with a maximum of 4.
- At least 1 all-rounder with a maximum of 4.
- At least 3 bowlers with a maximum of 6.
- No more than 7 players from one IPL franchise.
In addition, there is a compulsion of an uncapped Indian cricketer to be a part of the team all the time.
2. Calculation of Points and Format of IPL Points Table
The IPL cricket fantasy league also follows a points system, similar to the matches. The points given to each player are based on the formula for calculating points. Here is how it is calculated:
The batsman receives:
- 1 point per run scored.
- 1 bonus point per boundary.
- 2 points per six scored.
- 4 points for scoring 30 runs.
- 8 points for scoring a half-century.
- 16 points for completing a century.
- -2 points if dismissed for a duck.
The bowler receives:
- 25 points per wicket, excluding run-outs.
- 8 bonus points for an LBW or Bowled wicket.
- 4 bonus points for taking three wickets in a single cricket match.
- 8 bonus points for taking four wickets in a single cricket match.
- 16 bonus points for taking five wickets in a single cricket match.
- 12 points per maiden over.
For strike rate, the batsman receives:
- -2 points if the strike rate is between 60-70 in the match.
- -4 points if the strike rate is between 50-50.99 in the match.
- -6 points if the strike rate is below 50.
- +2 points if the strike rate is between 130-150.
- +4 points if the strike rate is between 150.01-170.
- +6 points if the strike rate is more than 170.
For economy rate, the bowler receives:
- 6 points if the economy rate is below 5 runs per over.
- 4 points if the economy rate is between 5-5.99 runs per over.
- 2 points if the economy rate is between 6-7 runs per over.
- -2 points if the economy rate is between 10-11 runs per over.
- -4 points if the economy rate is between 11.01-12 runs per over.
- -6 points if the economy rate is above 12 runs per over.
Also, the players receive fantasy points for their fielding efforts in this way:
- 8 points per catch.
- 4 bonus points for taking three catches in one match.
- 12 points per stump out/direct run-out.
- 6 points per thrower and catcher leading to a run-out.
Note: The measuring points can differ for each fantasy cricket application, however, this is the most expected structure.
3. Tips for selecting a team in IPL fantasy league
The best tip for anyone who is starting his own team at the IPL cricket fantasy league is to pick the top-order batsmen. It will increase your chances of scoring higher points in the table as the batsman is bound to deliver. Investing and choosing a good all-rounder will also be strategically beneficial for your fantasy cricket team and it will eventually help you to gain points in both the batting as well as bowling front.
Where to play IPL fantasy?
While the IPL 2023 fever has the world glued to their television screens, there are mobile phone screens where people like to create an earning opportunity through their gaming knowledge. Yes, the fantasy cricket apps like Dream11, My11Circle, Myteam11, etc. where people like to invest in fantasy contests and earn real cash.
Usually, the fantasy portal opens a week prior to the commencement of the tournament and is available throughout the season.
IPL fantasy tips and tricks
Although IPL fantasy is meant for entertainment purposes, it brings you a lot of reward points and prizes through the contests. Here are the tips and tricks that will help you win some exciting merchandise:
- Build a strong core fantasy team.
- IPL’s motto is to encourage domestic players. So, focus on selecting Indian batsmen and bowlers for your team.
- Choose the overseas players wisely after confirming their availability for the tournament.
- All-rounders can solidify your team as they have chances to bring more points for you than any other players.
- Although uncapped players cost minimal, they are capable of earning more points for your fantasy cricket team.
In conclusion, the 2023 IPL fantasy league is a fun and exciting way to display your cricket knowledge. By following the new rules and tips, you can increase your chances of winning the game.